Friday, June 1, 2012

30 Days of No Make-up Challenge: Day 1

Last night marked a pretty pivotol moment for me. I, along with 5 other women removed my make-up with a commitment to not put any more on my face for the next 30 days. I have not gone without make-up for 30 days since I started wearing it at age 13. Which brings back scary memories of wearing concealer as foundation. Foundation so thick, not only did my skin look like it was a completely different color but I'm pretty sure I could have drawn art in it! That's just wrong....

As I reflect back on those days of "caked on" make-up I begin to see how I got to the place of hiding behind make-up. I was a typical 13 year old girl with the beginning stages of acne. Naturally, make-up seemed like the glorious solution to my problem! If I could just put enough on, no one would even see my blemish laden skin. Perfect! Now that I look back on it I wonder why no one ever grabbed a wash cloth and scrubbed all that nasty stuff off my face! Holy toledo! :) I digress...

Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world filled with imperfections. We're bombarded by the notions of perfection everywhere we look. TV, billboards, facebook, magazines, plastic surgery, sporting events. It's everywhere. Lurking around every corner waiting to assault us with the message that we just don't measure up.

But here's the thing... Who ever said we were supposed to be perfect???

Let's think on this question for the weekend and I'll see you Monday...


This is me, Day 1 with my 5 year old Emma who wanted to join me in the picture :)

1 comment:

  1. You still look gorgeous! : ) I'm too old to go without makeup, I need all the anti-aging products I can find! Love the post... keep it up.

    ReplyDelete