Monday, June 25, 2012

30 days of No Make-up: Day 25

Happy Monday!

Wow! I can't believe June is almost over! We only have 6 days left in our challenge. Great job for sticking with us!

A few years ago my sister purchased some wall words for my daughter, Emma's birthday. The words came from a song and they say "There could never be a more beautiful you". Even though she was too young to read them I wanted to have them forever posted on her wall as a constant reminder. The ironic thing was that my sister struggled and battled to believe these words herself. Every girl wants to be a princess. To be wooed and spin around in magnificent dresses and have everyone around her tell her how beautiful she is. I was more of a tom boy when I was younger but my sister was all about the glitz and glam, fashion and style. I was mismatched in my neon mickey mouse clothes and was in love with punky brewster! But when I got older I always went to Julie's closet for clothes. She hated it, I loved it and I'm sure my mom loathed the fights that ensued over borrowed clothes! :) If you have daughters you know exactly what I mean!!! But I watched as my sister grew older, how she strived for perfection, for beauty, for wholeness but it seemed to be never ending. She had enough clothes to outfit an entire cheer squad, for the year (!), and she always looked so fashionable. She was beautiful. But just like I talked about a few weeks ago, she didn't see it. As her family, we all longed for her to see it, but she just didn't, it was as if she couldn't. She'd spent too many years comparing herself to what the world defined as beauty and it had defeated her. I know there's many women at the other end of the spectrum as well who don't see the beauty they behold and think it's just not worth trying so they don't even bother.

I beg of you, if you are in either of these places, please don't stay here. Find a friend, a counselor or someone else who can help you discover your beauty, worth and value in this world. You are beautiful, you are amazing and trust me friend when I say, "There could NEVER be a more beautiful You"!!!!

I am beyond grateful that today, my sister is more beautiful than I can imagine. She finally is perfect and whole and no longer vies with the powers that be in this world to compete for status and beauty. She rests at the feet of Jesus and dances in the gentle breezes of heaven. And I look forward to the day when I will hug her neck and see what she was always created to be.





1 comment: