Wednesday, June 27, 2012

30 Days of No Make-up:Day 27

Only 4 more days to go!

What has this journey sparked in you, what have you learned? Are you counting the days until you've successfully completed your challenge or are you relishing every last moment?

I have to admit, as a busy mom of three little ones, I've enjoyed the extra time I've had in the mornings that getting ready normally takes. When my mom and I first decided to take on this challenge, I jokingly said, "Well, I guess I'll be getting more creative with me hair!" I normally don't do much with my hair, it's a big deal if I blow dry and style it! And I mean, a BIG deal! I guess I felt like I might need to sort of cover up in a different way. Oddly enough, I think it's been quite the opposite. I think I've worn my hair in a pony tail more in the last 27 days than I normally do.

There's something beautiful about simplicity. In a world of constant change, busyness, phones ringing and vibrating, tv's and other mechanical devices vying for our attention, don't you ever long for simplicity?

A few months ago my husband and I were looking at some property in a more rural area. We live in a fairly small town, so it's not like the hustle and bustle of the city, but when we were out there,  I realized how much noise actually surrounded our house (not talking about my kids here!). I found it to be most glorious and now long for it often!

Have you ever seen a woman with her hair pulled back in a pony tail, glistening bare skin and just some jeans and a t-shirt and just thought, "Wow, she is just so beautiful". Simplicity my friends, simplicity.

There is much to be discovered when it comes to simplicity when it comes to our beauty. We were made beautiful just the way we are.

So today, embrace how simply beautiful you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment