Tuesday, June 12, 2012

30 Days of No Make-up: Day 12


A few days ago I was reading a devotional about thankfulness. It dealt with the fact that we often want to complain about things rather than taking time to be thankful. It made me think about how we take so much time to critique ourselves and identify what we don't like rather than being thankful for the way we were created. It might even be starting simple, like being thankful you can get out of bed, walk, run, having two arms and two legs, whatever. Taking the time to be thankful daily for at least one thing will not only make us happier and healthier, inside and out, but it will also begin a pattern of thankfulness. Which can in turn, combat this unhealthy obsession with what we think is not right or perfect. 

Yesterday we identified something we like about ourselves. Today, choose something you like about yourself and something you are thankful for. Maybe even find a reason to be thankful for something you don't like about yourself. Like, "I'm not crazy about my legs but I'm thankful that I have two working legs that get me around" or " I don't like my crazy hair but I'm thankful that I have hair". 

I'd love to know what you like about yourself and what you're thankful for. Feel free to post if you'd like! 

Here's mine... I like my height and my eyes and I'm thankful for my legs that get me where I need to go. :)

See ya tomoroow!

JoAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment