Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Days of No Make-up: Day 28

Morning dear friends, I hope your week has gone well and that you're finishing this challenge strong. 

I want to reiterate from a previous blog post that I don't at all believe that wearing make-up is wrong or that to embrace your beauty you have to abstain from it. There's that coined saying that "Make-up is to enhance our natural beauty". Well we all know how often that happens and how many women use it as such. Sure I told my daughter that but it certainly wasn't how I viewed it. So why not take that to heart and if you choose to wear make-up, as you apply it, see it enhancing your natural beauty, not covering it up.

If we wish to see women embracing their beauty and debunking the lies of perfection and unveiling the impossible comparisons we try to live up to, we have to be the ones to start. 

So, as you complete this challenge I want to ask you to not just allow a change for a little while only to have the experience back on a shelf and chocked up for a job well done but make this a lasting impression. Maybe even make it your goal to encourage other women in this area and use your experience to make a difference! 

If you have daughters or granddaughters, young ones or older ones, wouldn't you just love to see them grow up in a society that embraces how simply beautiful they are? Sure we see it here and there but overall, it's a fading light. We have to make the change happen, no one else will. So, why not start with you?

I don't know about you but this challenge has lit a spark in me and I don't want to see it go out. I want to daily be thankful to my creator for all that HE so beautifully created me to be. 

Will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. yes we will join you smart girl, i love your blog so much keep it up and plz share some beauty tips in your blog about hair care, skin care, nails fashion, and home spa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in your store today, and it was very different than any place I have ever been in Prescott, or PV. I liked the feeling. This make-up blog hits home for me, because a few years ago I suggested to a friend....who is no longer my friend, to stop wearing make-up for a week and see what happens. I never saw her again after that. Crazy I know, but people are so attached to their make- up until it is scary.

    I know this has been a year since this was updated, but I hope you get to read this.
    All the best to you and your business. Pam

    ReplyDelete