Friday, June 15, 2012

30 days of No Make-up: Day 15

Happy Friday Ladies! Fridays can be such a refreshing day. You get to often look forward to the weekend and doing things you love. Spending time with family and friends, sporting events, hikes, hobbies and the like. This weekend most of you will spend some time celebrating your dad and maybe husbands, brothers or sons and I hope that this time blesses your heart.

I want to challenge you this weekend to take opportunities to remind yourself that you are beautiful, amazing and wonderfully made. My kids have these dvd's called, Miss Patty Cake. One of the songs she sings says "You are fabu-wonder-super-special-totally-amaze-eriffic!" I love this song because it takes all of these words we often use to describe people and things but it also reminds our kids that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. There is no one like them. They are unique and beautiful just the way they are. But for some reasons we stop reminding ourselves these things as we grow into adults. We measure ourselves to the impossible "perfect" and rarely look back. We settle in thinking we are second best. Well, it's just not true. I pasted a phrase on my girls' bedroom wall that I pray will resonate in their souls forever, "There could never be, a more beautiful you". Take the time this weekend to remind yourself how beautiful and amazing you are. How "fabu-wonder--super-special-totally-amaze-eriffic" you are. My biggest challenge though for the weekend is that you dig deep and find the strength to stop any negative thoughts or words about yourself for this weekend. No complaining about your hair, your imperfections, your stomach, stretch marks, legs, scars, etc. (Trust me, several of these resonate with me and they're toughies!) But, we can do it!

Join me will you? I really think that being thankful for how HE has made us stirs HIS heart for the sake of HIS love for us.

See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment