Tuesday, June 5, 2012

30 Days of No Make-up: Day 5


A friend of mine, Heather,  did this same sort of challenge a few months ago on her own and I received an email from her last week when she saw our challenge. Here's what her realization was as a whole... "After about 2 months, I felt much more comfortable in my own skin.  Now I can take it or leave it and be okay.  It's funny, my kids never really noticed or mentioned the change.  All they, or anyone else, really cares about is how you treat them." Very thought provoking! 

I read an article a few months ago about this same sort of thing. The woman's point at the end of it was that, we can doll ourselves all up on the outside and look perfect, but if we don't have a smile, love, joy and common courtesy for others, nobody really cares. 

It makes me wonder how many times I have foolishly dressed myself, make-up, hair and all but forgot the most important thing. Love. How about you? Have you ever done this?

No comments:

Post a Comment